Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Console Table + Upholstered Ottoman


I am really looking forward to this new year. With my son turning one, the new interior design course I am taking and applications to medical school, I feel like l am moving forward in a positive direction. Last year feels like ancient history, pregnancy fears are all long gone. I am so thankful for my family especially my hubbie and our son. E has changed my life in more ways than I had ever thought and I’m truly loving it. Mind you, I have my moments of exasperation.
Enough of this sappy stuff and back to Haute Decor.   I love console table vignettes. I wish I could have one in every room of my house but unfortunately, space is a limiting factor. Just check out these gorgeous options:
Source: Unknown

I love the silver accents and studs on the ottomans. This console is the epitamy of masculine meets feminine for me.

Source: Unknown
This one is feminine and classy! I love the green console! So beautiful!


Source: Unknown

The lamps add an element of height to the whole vignette. Also I'm loving the wall paper and the pop of yellow on the ottomans. 
Source: Unknown
I love the assymetry on this one. And the rustic wood console table. This is so classic.
  Inspired by these images, I had to find space for a console table vignette in my space. When we built the upholstered ottomans, we relocated the bookshelves to another part of the living room. For the console, I shopped within our house and changed the identity of our black Malm dressing table and converted it into a sleek modern console table. How? You may ask? We simply took the drawer out.
Next, I added a pair of lovely frames with DIY art and candlebras to create symmetry and balance in the vignette. This is quite simple and very safe for a console table. But since its my first console design ever, I figured safer was better.

This new console spot will also be our makeshift mantel. See our condo actually lacks a functional mantel piece. I figure that this new space which sits just beside the TV/ fireplace will be perfect. I will recreate the vignette for every season or holiday to spruce up the space. I think of this space as an opportunity to show my design style and personality. Can’t wait for the fall mantel to be complete.
 We started with a living room that was just too asymmetrical for my tastes. Everything was off center and odd numbered. This little bit of symmetry straightens me out and I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. I’m carrying the symmetry through to the other end of the living room too but that’s a story for another day.
How about you? Have you designed any new console table vignettes lately? How do I create an eclectic look? Want to share your pictures? If you have any comments or questions, please let me know, I am eager to learn and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment