Friday, November 11, 2011

Garage Sale Fundraiser Nov. 12!

Remember that side link I mentioned about the cause that I support. Well to follow up on our initiative to raise funds for the disasters that have occurred in Pakistan over the last year, we have decided to hold a Garage Sale Fundraiser. The event is being held on:
November 12, 2011
Grace Presbyterian Church Calgary Alberta-
1009 15 Ave. S.W.
Time: 3pm - 8 pm

 It was quite a feat to set this thing up in mid-November. Considering that it is often snowing during this time of the year, we had to find an indoor, public location with lots of foot traffic to get lots of people coming in.
Advertising efforts have been extensive including radio stations like Vibe 98.5 and CTV news In Touch. I have ofcourse been posting and reposting my garage sale ad for weeks on Kijiji so I am hoping that lots of people show up.
We have had lots of donations from a few families from the community which has helped to make this thing come to life. We have lots of furniture, clothes, house decor. I just hope that we can raise lots of money for this cause. Mother nature has wreaked havoc in Pakistan and we need to help in any way possible.
The big day is almost here so I'm gearing up, cleaning, pricing and organizing the stuff to get in there and SELL! SELL! SELL!
Please wish me luck as we host this event! This is the first ever public event that I have ever built from the ground up. Choosing the venue, soliciting for donations, organizing volunteers and even advertising tactics.

If you want, you can click on the Google Ad, all of the money raised from Advertising from this site until the end of this year will be donated to the cause! To find out more about SANA fundraising, click on the side link!

No comments:

Post a Comment