Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Master Bedroom Desk Vignette


I finally have a practical solution for that extra square footage in the master bedroom. A reading nook was factored out after realizing that the reading chair was only being used to hold clean laundry. So I sold the reading chair and went back to the drawing board. Meanwhile my husband was asking for some non-disrupting time to sign in and work a bit from home. So this space is now assigned to a desk vignette.
The master bedroom plan has completely changed, including new light fixture and headboard, footboard and side tables. This style is much more to my liking. Keep watching this week for the final reveal of my moodboard but until then I’ll show you what I have in mind for the desk vignette. If done right, a desk vignette can be practical but also just as stylish as any other decorative feature in a home:
I will apologize in advance, these pictures are copied over from my old inspirational picture file so the sources are all unknown. 

My Absolute Favourite!
 I love the chair in this one. It seems comfortable. The light streaming in through the window  makes this space look magical. This would be an inspiring place to do office/home work. I also love the dark wood tones of the desk coupled with the custom drapery lining the floor to ceiling windows. I love that you aren't staring at a wall!
Cute but a little too feminine for my taste!

Love the stripe on the chair, sooo graphic! but not stylish enough! looks like an office!

So elegant! I wish I had the space for this!

I love the lines on this chair and desk. The old-world charm just never ceases to amaze me.

I love the lamp, love the hardware on the desk and finally I love the copycat accent colour on the desktop. The leather is oh-so-luxurious!



A gorgeous view from the desk! Whispy drapery! Soo cozy!

 If I had to choose, I would go with the very first vignette. It is just my style. I think that I can pick different features from each inspirational room for my own vignette. Stay tuned for the master bedroom moodboard later this week.
In other news, we put our christmas tree up and decorated for the holidays, will post pictures soon!
Take care
Ameera


No comments:

Post a Comment