Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Vignette

Round back chair all dressed up!
I am so in love with reading nooks and desk vignettes right now that  I'm letting it carry through the holiday season. Amongst the preparations for the Holiday Tea Party that I'm hosting on Saturday and decorating my home with Christmas decor, I have been creating a cozy reading space in my living room.
This is the prime spot in our house, close to the fireplace and the tree, all you need is a hot tea and some sweets and you can relax. I love baking during this time so my baking recipe books and countless whats cooking magazines are out. Oh how I love this time of the year.
The brown throw has a shimmery quality and for layering and warmth, I added a small fuzzy neck warmer to the vignette. A brass swing arm lamp was added for extra lighting  and the cute trunks are usually nestled under the tree for layering. You see we do not exchange presents so the trunks and wrapped boxes are placeholders.

And this is the holiday vignette in our house, there are a few others which you will see in the coming days but this is the most extensive change.
From my home to yours, we hope you have a have a holly jolly holiday season this year!
P.S. You may have noticed some orange changes to my home! I decided to add these accents last year as my winter colour scheme (more about that here). The rustic and bright orange accents add warmth which is much needed on cold Calgary nights like tonight. -20 degrees Celsuis. FYI, the colour scheme changes to purple and green for Spring and Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment