Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Edmonton Downtown Apartment Project

Today I'll share with you one of the first rooms I decorated out side of my own home. This is the home of my beautiful and strong mom-in-law (aka mom) Jamila. She is a confidante and a strong influence in my life! It was so kind of her to trust me with this project! Thank you for the support mom!
We started the room with the Cedric sofa from Urban Barn and built on to it. We kept the scheme simple, with shades of grey and browns with pops of color in the pillows and throw.  The room desperately needs some wall hangings, a rug and some styling but again it was over two years ago and I was just a beginner!

The coffee table was actually my mom's find and I believe it fits in really well!


This throw pillow was my favourite, from HomeSense. And the throw is from Ikea.
Can you believe these chairs are actually recliners? You wouldn't know it if you just looked at them. They have style and function. My nephews and nieces love to flip them around for watching television. They were also from HomeSense! I'm on the lookout for similar piece for our basement movie room!




The brown chair was purchased from Kincaid furnishings and it was an homage to the walnut brown stain of some hardwood floor boards and the accent wall behind the fireplace. Most of the other walls are beige. This room gets a ton of light from the windows on all sides of the room, my mom loves that about this home.

I'll shoot some more pictures next time of the updates that we made in the foyer about a year ago. I love that dark stained front door, so luxurious!

That foyer table is an original EP Interiors restoration, it was purchased second hand, then primed, painted in jet black and sealed with a protective clear coat!  

Looking at these pictures makes me realize how much I've learned about styling and design over the past two years!

Hope you enjoyed this walk-through!
Ameera

No comments:

Post a Comment