Monday, July 11, 2011

Royal Fever

Over the last week or so, Royal fever has taken Canada by storm. Their highnesses, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge aka. Prince William and Kate Middleton were travelling  from coast to coast within Canada. For the last leg of their trip, they travelled to Calgary, Alberta. Complete with white stetsons, the Duke and Duchess rang in this year's Stampede parade and ten whole days of cowboy fun throughout the city with fireworks every night. What more can you ask for?  Both the Duke and the Duchess donned the western gear. The Royal Tour became an obsession for most Canadians as we watched in awe at the fashion, the charisma and glamour of the Royals. The Duchess is glamorous elegant and well put together but maintains an image of simplicity. Her style, while being luxurious and glamourous, seems effortless. Everything she wears is carefully chosen to suit the engagement that she is attending and is in impeccable taste. Her tresses are always kept simple and gorgeous. Just a slight curl at the bottom with a blowout or half-up, half-down curled for a more subdued look. She looks flawless everytime she steps out. She seemed to dress according to a theme as well; donning a nautical look with white and blue striped tunic and skirt in P.E.I, a white stetson and cowboy boots in the west to light coloured dresses in Sunny LA. She has inspired me to take on a more active role in the way I dress and primp as well. It takes only seconds to pin your hair, minutes to blowdry or draw your hair up into a  ponytail and the results are well worth the extra effort. You feel confident, beautiful and ready for anything. I've taken on the challenge. Its amazing how a few superficial elements can change how I feel on the inside. I am taking more time and paying attention to myself even if for just a few more minutes. This self-reflection has brought out an inner beauty that I misplaced when my E came along. He is my world, my life and my love but the trials of new motherhood took the better of me. So far I am loving this newfound inner and outer beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment