Monday, July 18, 2011

Losing Weight in a Healthy Way... A Healthy Pina Colada

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi%C3%B1a_colada
Yes thats right! A healthy pina colada.. there is such a thing. In my quest to lose my pregnancy weight, I have been trying to find TASTY, healthy, energy packed drinks that I can substitute for my poor snacking habits. I have finally come up with a fantastic blend of pineapple and coconut yumminess! It is super easy! Did you know that coconut in moderate amounts speeds up your metabolism.  Here is the simple recipe:
½ cup vanilla yogourt (low-fat or otherwise)
1 cup canned or fresh pineapple
½  can coconut juice (available at any supermarket)
½ cup ice
Add ice and the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until the desired consistency is achieved.
The pineapple chunks are naturally sweet and the vanilla yogourt adds creaminess for a smooth taste. In my experience, there is no need to add other sweeteners. If you feel the mixture is not sweet enough, I suggest adding more yogourt for that extra calcium. A nice creamy drink like this will cool you down on those scorching days that are sure to come this summer. Hope you enjoy!

Courtesy of Steven and Chris, here is another fantastic smoothie that I have tried out with fantastic results. This drink reduces stomach bloating, gives your immune system and metabolism a much needed boost. After a week, I felt like I was glowing.
Link: http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/2011/03/how-to-get-rid-of-fat.html

No comments:

Post a Comment