Monday, August 29, 2011

Round Back Arm Chairs


Guess what I purchased this weekend?? The title of this post kind of gave it away. Two Round Back Arm Chairs for the living room!




 I have been obsessed with these chairs for two and half years now. We were originally interested in round back side chairs for our dining space but at the time these chairs were costing us a fortune. So we went with a simpler style of the Flower chair from Urban Barn. These two arm chairs are definitely for the living room, quite comfortable and spacious. These will be housed in front of our 20-some feet high living room window. There will be two bookcases flanked on either side which I still have to add crown moulding to the top. I am just so excited. Since I bought this second hand, I will have to recolor and recover them. At 80$ for both chairs, I really do not mind putting in this extra effort. As for the style, I’m still undecided. All I know is that I will be using outdoor fabric, another weapon in my arsenal for maintaining style and function in a home with children. Some of the patterns that outdoor fabric comes in are just fantastic. And I really don't mind the feel of outdoor fabric, its so durable. Its the perfect upholstery fabric in a house where spills are the norm. 
I’m still on the lookout for a cute end table to sit in between the two armchairs to complete this fantastic vignette. I’m loving the Lucite look for the end table to juxtapose the modern with traditional or something in a great pop of colour.  We’ll see how it goes. But for now I’m quite happy with this purchase.
 Courtesy of: http://agreatbigcanvas.blogspot.com/2011/02/want-list.html
I love the look of this one but I'm wondering if two of these beside each other would be a bit too busy? what do you think?
 Courtesy of: http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1617244
This style is much more sober and I can see two sitting side by side, but I really want to inject some pattern into the space.
 
I also bought a few other things:  five matching 5 x7 brass-finish frames which will be spray painted white for my mother in law’s office to house her lovely notes from the past... when she showed me these notes, I just about melted.
A soft silver frame for the guest bedroom to house a lovely DIY art project that means a lot to me. More on that later this week. 

 As for the bathrooms that I was working on last week, the work is at a bit of a halt at the moment, I could only get in there for about three hours last week so they are not quite done: painting is done, flooring is done, baseboards are half done and the last minute touches are still pending. We will be finishing these by the end of this week and I'll reveal next week. 
Today I will leave you with a few lyrics from one of my favourite songs:
The Story as sung by Sara Ramirez
"I climbed across the mountaintops
Travel across the ocean blue
I cross over lines and I broke all the rules
And baby I broke them all just for you"




2 comments:

  1. Love the chairs. I wish I had these opportunities in my town. We have to drive an hour to the nearest city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! are you serious? Thats tough, I would go nuts if I couldn't Kijiji! Thats where I get most of my stuff!

    ReplyDelete