Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm Back!!!

Woweee! These past few weeks flew by. I've been MIA on here but definitely fully invested at home. Even over the holidays, I got lots done. Apart from baking, cooking and spending time with family, I found time to complete the free dresser that I scored, and the second coat on the living room mantel, some DIY ABC artwork and the DIY headboard. Footboard is pending.


For this new year, I have quite a few projects planned (my hubbie will cringe at the thought).
You'll notice in the next few days, I hope to add a to-do list on the side bar and will cross it off as I go throughout this year. Lots of fun and creative projects to tackle.

How else did I spend my holidays?
Christmas Eve was spent at my parents home for a wondeful East Indian Family Dinner. Christmas morning was at my brothers home, a new tradition for our family with lots of lovely laughs and talks. I made chicken bread, a recipe I'll share in the coming week. I was slightly under the weather and the wind was howling so skating did not happen this year but there is always next year.

New year's Eve was spent in Calgary Downtown where City TV hosted an outdoor concert with multiple artists and fireworks to top off the show. But the fireworks were such a flop. Nonetheless we rung in the new year with a kiss and a hug for Little "E". My friend and I danced so much that night, we were exhausted by the end and our toes were just a little frozen.  

This week the Expected Party  (this blog) is hosting Cuisine Week so I'll be back all week with recipes that I love.
I guess many people have set new year's resolutions to lose weight and I promise four our of five of those recipes will be a part of Healthy living.
 
I'll post again shortly with the cookie recipe which I ended up making four times in December. These are perfect cookies! So soft and sweet! Just a little indulging before the healthy living begins!

Talk to you soon!
Ameera

No comments:

Post a Comment