Saturday, October 29, 2011

J’adore Home 3- Leather walls


About a month ago, I was in Edmonton visiting my fantastic MIL at her apartment. During these two weeks, I was able to get in a quick trip to the mall. Apart from clothes shopping, I came across a lovely wall treatment in one of the change rooms of a women’s retail shop. Leather wall tiles. Let’s just say I fell in love. I asked the salesperson for the actual details but she had no idea about the installation process or the designer details. So no luck there but still, the leather walls were really inspiring.

 After googling the matter, I came across a variety of well-designed rooms using leather accent walls. Leather walls reflect such a luxurious and elegant feel. With tasteful lighting, this wall treatment would create a cozy ambiance for any room.   Maybe one day, I’ll find an accent wall to apply this treatment.  Definitely not this particular home! Just not enough room. I was thinking in a family room somewhere. And maybe when my son’s a bit older and doesn’t get his paw prints all over the place.  My Board and Batten white wall gets a touch-up every two months because of those prints. But I love his little chubby fingers and toes, so I’m willing to live with the dirty walls for a month or two.  
Here are some gorgeous leather walls and wall tiles featured on the World wide web.


 











 





 
What a cute vignette|


















And my personal favourite: This is totally my style! Clean, simple and elegant!



I am loving the dark colours and I`m planning a major accent wall project for our living room so I think a dark brown colour or charcoal grey is in order to inject some warmth into my living room. 
Have a fantastic weekend!
Ameera
P.S. You may have noticed some changes on the site lately, some background changes along with newer ways to find the posts that you are looking for. Also the new ads on my sidebar. The charity fundraiser are for a cause that I am passionate about and am currently planning actual fundraisers for.  Google Adsense is now up and running and I`m very excited to see what sort of new traffic I receive with this new gadget.
I’m loving the new look of the website too especially the colour scheme, inspired by none other than Sarah Richardson and the farmhouse bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment