Monday, October 17, 2011

Marble Cheddar White Lasagne

I 'm fresh off of completing my medical school application today. I’m feeling a bit relieved but nervous now because the coming months of waiting will be the toughest to date. It’s the waiting that kills you.
I was inkling for some yummy pasta as a comfort food to drown my application sorrows. I improvised with this recipe with anything I had on hand. I've come down with a little cold too unfortunately so I'm drowning in soup for the last two days, but frankly I don't mind. I love soup!

To make this White Lasagne, you will need:
8 Lasagne Noodles (I used 4 Cannelloni and 4 Manicotti Pasta Noodles)
6 cups of boiling water with two pinches of salt
½ cup of shredded Rotisserie Chicken
1 Kraft Dinner Cheese Sauce Pocket
¾ cup of 3% milk
 1 tbsp butter
10-12 White mushrooms
½ cup of Marble Cheddar Cheese
A Handful of Fried Onions (East Indian Foods Aisle) – Adds a textural component to the lasagne

Directions:
1.   In a pot of 6 cups of boiling water, add two pinches of salt and add pasta. Switch to medium heat and allow to cook until al dente 


2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3.  In a separate pot, melt butter until warm, add chicken and warm through
4.  Add milk and Cheese Sauce mix to thicken
5.  In an oven safe, casserole dish, lay the noodles out in a flat layer
6.  Pour half of the chicken mixture on top of the noodles, add one layer of mushrooms in a scalloped
pattern

7. Add another layer of noodle and repeat layers of chicken and mushrooms
8. Sprinkle cheese, then  the fried onions


Place into oven until cheese is dark golden and crispy
10Enjoy!


P.s. Sorry about the different coloured pictures, I'm trying out a few things with my camera and the process is a bit bumpy. 


p.

No comments:

Post a Comment