Friday, November 4, 2011

Bay Window Mood Board

My son and I woke up today to a fresh carpet of white snow outside our window. I guess its about time. We were spoiled this year, Calgary usually gets it first proper snowfall sometime in October. In other news, tomorrow is thrift store day! my husband and I are going out to scout out any nightstands for the master bedroom. The whole design plan for the master bedroom has been shifted from the Rustic Modern Master Bedroom,  There are major changes coming your way, its just the matter of getting the design onto paper.

As for today, I have another mood board. One that I think would look great for my client's living room. They have a bi level with a curved railing overlooking the foyer. Apart from the banister which is still in need of major update, currently it is a 1990s oak stain; there is some furniture refinishing required and some furniture additions. Staining the oak railing has been inspired by none other than fantastic DIYer/Blogger, Kate from Centsational Girl.


This room has a bay window. Its definitely not my favourite thing but its made worse when the client is not interested in building out a window seat.
My client has also asked me to design the room around their brown leather three-seat sofa and their bookcases. The oak bookcases will definitely be refinished. They also have a wall mount flat screen TV that has to be incorporated into the design.
 I still have to present the moodboard to the client. The chair has a great shape, obviously I hope I can find something like it but I am open to heavier accent chairs if I get a good price. They prefer new furniture anyways, so second-hand and reupholstery is out of the question.
This is what I have so far, the colour scheme still needs to be confirmed:





I love the natural wood of the TV cabinet with the green accent colour. As for the built-in bookcases, the Candice Olson design is an inspiration. I love the symmetry. What do you think? Please share any ideas that you may have so that I can improve the design of the room.
I'll catch up with you soon maybe with new thrift store finds!
Stay Tuned
Ameera

No comments:

Post a Comment