Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reupholstered Oak Chair


Ok so for the moment I've been talking about.... drumroll please
My Desk Chair!!!
 This is officially the showstopper of our master bedroom. Here’s the scoop: So I got this chair for Free from Kijiji. The couple giving it away was so nice, I actually chatted with them for close to 20 minutes before bringing this home.
Since we just recently completed those round backs and the guest room chair, I just knew that this one would be a simple reupholstery job.
The fabric is a discontinued outdoor fabric from Fabricland and unfortunately I do not know the name. To tell you the truth, this fabric was originally intended for our outside bench cushions but I had a change of heart and decided that I would use it on something else.


Here's the play by play:
Before:


During: Make sure you remove the metal teeth upholstery piece first. This is also the last piece to be reupholstered.
Label and take a picture of all the pieces as they come off to ensure that you know how to put them back on.
Finally, vacuum the chair batting and cushioning before reupholstery.
I sanded and stained the arms and legs of the chair from the oak stain to the walnut stain. I used Minwax Wood Finish Dark Walnut Stain.




After: Isn’t it a showstopper?



This fabric was just right for this chair. It provides me with the accent colors for the room it updates the chair from an outdated and tired design to a mod and graphic piece. I am DIYing my headboard and footboard with a neutral colour scheme while the bedside tables will be bought in a nice dark rich wood tone. Its been a slow and steady process to complete this room with multiple changes in room design. I’m still trying to understand why redoing our own bedroom has been such a difficult task.Maybe because I have to sleep in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment